[gmx-users] Simulation with ligand on protein surface

adam zalewski adam.zalewski at mail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:51:19 CEST 2015

Hi Justin and sorry for the vagueness

What I'm observing are displacements from the binding site (granted,
they are quite shallow) and loss of any relation to the experimental
data. They also happen fairly fast (often below 10ns) and just looking
at the trajectory, makes me think something is wrong (e.g. a nicely
buried phenyl ring being exposed into the solvent). Now that you mention
it, the ligand parametrization does seem like the place to look. Any
hints regarding that (acpype/antechamber or otherwise) ?

Thanks and a nice weekend,
Adam