[gmx-users] Error in lipid_protein simulation ( Energy minimization)

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 13 13:44:22 CEST 2015

On 7/13/15 12:42 AM, shabana yasmeen wrote:
> Dear Users!
>   I am doing simulation of protein and lipids but facing problem in
> energy minimization as I run:
> grompp -f minim.mdp -c system_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
>   i received Warnings as:
> WARNING 1 [file ffnonbonded.itp, line 3098]:
>    Overriding LJ-14 parameters.

Be careful here, because your force field is either redundant (harmless) or
broken (bad news).

> WARNING 2 [file minim.mdp]:
>    The sum of the two largest charge group radii (8.718670) is larger than
>    rlist (1.300000)
>
> I don't understand how to resolve these warnings.. If I ignore them
> then at next step (mdrun -v -deffnm em) I get fatal error as:
> Fatal error:
> There is no domain decomposition for 12 nodes that is compatible with
> the given box and a minimum cell size of 8.61095 nm
> Change the number of nodes or mdrun option -rdd

This suggests either have a broken structure of some sort but it's impossible to
tell based solely on this information.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629