[gmx-users] Position restraining of ions.

anu chandra anu80125 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:37:41 CEST 2015

Thanks for the reply. I have one more quick query about position restrain
here and its about restraining some pat of the whole protein.

Say, I have a protein of 400 aminoacinds ( ie., residues no. 1-400). I
would like to set up position restrain in such way that backbone atoms of
residues 101-200 and 301-400 assign a fixed restrain force of 1000 KJ
through-out the equilibration process and rest of the atoms ( ie, sidechain
atoms of 101-200 and 301-400 and all atoms of residues 1-100 and 201-300)
have descending order of restrain force starting with 1000 KJ, then 500 KJ,
followed by 100 KJ, 50 KJ and finally, 0 KJ. How can I generate such a
position restrain file in Gromcas?

Many thanks in advance

Anu