[gmx-users] Calculating hydrogen bonding density - issues with g_sas?

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:22:33 CEST 2015

Hi,

and sorry for a bit late reply. g_sas (or gmx sasa) does not compute the
volume correctly if your solute crosses a periodic boundary. In 5.1, there
is a note to this effect in the documentation, but it is tricky to actually
detect this condition in the code. But what this means is that you cannot
compute the volume of, e.g., a periodic slab using g_sas. With proper use
of trjconv, you can still compute the volume of a multi-molecule droplet.

Best regards,
Teemu