[gmx-users] multi threads pinning problem

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:22:32 CEST 2015

Hi,

Check out
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1-rc1/user-guide/mdrun-performance.html
and
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1-rc1/user-guide/mdrun-features.html#running-multi-simulations.
It's hard to be definitive about the correct thing to do, since it depends
very much on all of your infrastructure. You should observe the performance
when using all the cores (pinned by default) and when using a single
(pinned) core and expect performance to be reasonable consistent as you
change the number of cores.

Mark