[gmx-users] Chlorine in PDBs

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Fri Jul 24 14:10:03 CEST 2015

Adam,

The topology file is the definitive atom-definiations used in the simulation. You just need to confirm that the Chlorine in your *.top has an matches the atomtype from  Amber99SB. As far as being written as C instead CL in the pdb, you could likely just use sed to find and replace these into CL so VMD treats them properly (a similar problem happens if you use OPLS and have calcium ions (name CA) vmd thinks they are all alpha-carbons).

-Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics