[gmx-users] Error

chitrala kumaraswamynaidu cksnaidu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:41:35 CEST 2015

Dear Andre sir,

Thank you for your reply. I have gone through the threads but I didn't got
the exact solution for my problem.

I have run the protein-ligand system upto  nvt.tpr  mdrun execution steps
in my laptop with Ubuntu. It is running comfortably but showing the output
-nan. Therefore, I thought to run it on the bolden cluster in our institute
in that it is showing the following error.

Will use 108 particle-particle and 12 PME only ranks
This is a guess, check the performance at the end of the log file
Using 120 MPI threads
Using 1 OpenMP thread per tMPI thread
starting mdrun 'Protein in water'
50000 steps,    100.0 ps.

Program gmx, VERSION 5.0.4
Source code file: /share/apps/src/gromacs-5.0.4/src/gromacs/mdlib/pme.c,
line:
7
54

Fatal error:
2 particles communicated to PME rank 4 are more than 2/3 times the cut-off
out of the domain decomposition cell of their charge group in dimension x.
This usually means that your system is not well equilibrated.
<https://uscmed.sc.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yM9xud_v1UCcNWWL-kM_GJgAd3dac9JI8UROBD4C7QFS8Rm-Bi1ts3jy27V4QHa_v159NARSf4A.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gromacs.org%2fDocumentation%2fErrors>

Thank you sir once again for your valuable reply.

Yours sincerely,

*Dr. C.Kumaraswamy Naidu, Ph.D.*
Post doctoral Fellow Bioinformatics,
Department of PMI, School of Medicine,