[gmx-users] cut-off

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 19 14:49:54 CEST 2015

On 6/18/15 7:47 AM, Faezeh Pousaneh wrote:
> Thanks Justin.
>
> yes, you are right, my simulation is very sensitive to cut-off.
>
> I did not understand what do you meant by '' is the balance of forces
> correct''?

For this you should read about how force fields are derived.  Far too extensive
of a topic for email, sorry.

> So If I understood you correctly, the cut-off lengths must be chosen from
> the force filed, yes?

Yes.

> Since I am not expert how to choose a force field, could you tell me a
> proper force field for Benzene all-atom model?

Try a few; see which one reproduces its physical properties best for whatever
your intended purposes are.  No model perfectly captures everything.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore