[gmx-users] The pullf.xvg and pullx.xvg files

Laura Tociu ltociu at princeton.edu
Wed Jun 24 15:20:29 CEST 2015

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I understand how the pulling works now. The
forces at time t=0 are not zero, though. There are huge forces such as -270
or even -1700 kj/mol/nm acting on my pull group at time t=0.  What do you
believe could be the cause of that? And why is there a /nm in that force? I
mean, isn't the force per nm (force constant) of the spring always 1000
kj/mol/nm, but the actual force adopts various different values as time
goes by?

I ran a short simulation with pull_coord1_rate = 0, and when I did that I
got reasonable forces such as 40-60 kj/mol/nm (??) but still not a zero
force at time t=0. Please let me know if this is normal behavior or not.

Thanks,

Laura