[gmx-users] Inconsistency in gmx sasa/g_sas buried SASA?

João M. Damas jmdamas at itqb.unl.pt
Thu Mar 5 00:34:25 CET 2015

The formula, following your notation, should be (A+B-AB)/2. The value
you're obtaining is the buried area of protein plus the buried area of the
ligand, hence you need to divide it by two.

The remaining differences from the approach [total-area(ligand) -
exposed-area(ligand)] could be due the probe, which "probes" differently in
each approach.

If there are still inconsistencies, please let us know.

Best,
João

João M. Damas
PhD Student