[gmx-users] CNT going out of the simulation box after NVT.

soumadwip ghosh soumadwipghosh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:33:33 CET 2015

 Dear users,
                   I am simulating swCNTs in the presence of nucleic acids
with finite length. I have created the topology of swCNT from the PDB I
obtained from Tubegen software. I used CHARMM all atomic force field to
build the topology for both the CNT as well as the DNA. I included the
CNT.top in the ssDNA.top by modifying atom types. I put the hybrid system
inside a box of dimension 7.46 x 3.5 x 3.5 nm3 and proceeded fro energy
minimization after charge neutralization. Energy was minimized within 500
steps in a steepest descent process. When I took the em.gro file and
visualized in VMD, portion of the DNA was found outside the box. Hence, I
did trjconv  with -center to keep the DNA in the center of the box. Then I
did another energy minimization. The em.gro file this time looked ok in
VMD. Then, I did the NVT for 1 ns . When I checked the nvt.gro file, now
the CNT is going outside the box. I cant understand why it is happening.
The DNA is supposed to wrap around the nanotube. Can anyone help me out
with this?

Thanks and regards,

 Soumadwip Ghosh
  Research Fellow