[gmx-users] System blowing up - equilibration step - CG simulation

Carlos Navarro Retamal cnavarro at utalca.cl
Fri Mar 6 22:07:55 CET 2015

Hi Tsjerk,
I tried to follow as closer as i could the parameters you used, but again without luck:
.mdp file:
dt               =  0.01
nsteps           =  5000000
nstxout          =  0
nstvout          =  0
nstlog           =  10000
nstxtcout        =  1000
xtc-precision    =  10
rlist            =  1.4
coulombtype      =  shift
rcoulomb         =  1.2
epsilon_r        =  15
vdw-type         =  shift
rvdw-switch      =  0.9
rvdw             =  1.2
cutoff-scheme    = verlet
tcoupl           =  Berendsen
tc-grps          =  Protein MGDG W_ION
tau-t            =  2.0 2.0 2.0
ref-t            =  323 323 323
Pcoupl           =  Berendsen
Pcoupltype       =  isotropic
tau-p            =  12.0
compressibility  =  3e-4
ref-p            =  1.0
refcoord_scaling =  com
(using also -rdd 1.6 and 1.8)
When i used a timestep of 5fs i was able to run 50ns, but i don’t want to cut in half the speed of my simulation since i’m not able to use my GPU's (coulomb type and vdw_type = shift).
What do you suggest me to do?
Thanks in advance,

--
Carlos Navarro Retamal