[gmx-users] topology include file "gmx43a1.ff/ffG43a1.itp " not found

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Mar 8 11:42:23 CET 2015

On 3/7/15 11:03 PM, marzieh dehghan wrote:
> Hi every body
>
> I want to perform molecular dynamics using gromacs for a covalent bond, so
> I used topol build to create a topology file. after holding the following
> command:
>
> grompp -f ions.mdp -c test.gro -p test.top -o ions.tpr
>
> I confronted this error: topology include file "ffG43a1nb.itp" not found
> I changed* fftest.itp* from  #include "ffG43a1nb.itp " to  #include
> "gmx43a1.ff/ffG43a1nb.itp"
>
> and
>
> I modified *test.top* as the following
>
> the force filed file to be included
>
> #include "ffG43a1nb.itp " ======== #include "gmx43a1.ff/ffG43a1nb.itp "
>
> include water topology
> #include "spce.itp" ======= #include "gmx43a1.ff/spce.itp "
>
> include generic topology for ions
>
> #include "ions.itp "========= #include "gmx43a1.ff/ions.itp "
>
> at the end of the above modification, I confroneted a new error
>
> topology include file "gmx43a1.ff/ffG43a1.itp " not found
>

> I am looking forward to getting your answer

Neither that directory nor those files will exist in a modern GROMACS
installation.  The ffG___.itp nomenclature hasn't been used in years.  Look at
the contents of your $GMXLIB and you will find that the directory is actually
named "gromos43a1.ff" and the files therein are named differently
(ffnonbonded.itp, ffbonded.itp, etc).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629