[gmx-users] Comparing two Ptn-Ptn docking models

Diogo Martins de Sá sadiogo at mol.bio.br
Tue Mar 10 17:58:01 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have two proteins which I've docked and obtained two models, dock1 and
dock2. Both corroborate, to some point, with literature experiments.

I ran both models in a 76ns simulation, using 43a1 force field and PME.

I have managed to map all salt bridges and their distances through the
simulation (the intermolecular ones! between ARG, LYS, ASP and GLU), all
hydrogen bonds and their percentage of appearance during the simulation
(using one of Justin's scripts), and I also  have all other contacts
made between atoms and managed to make index group for all these stuff.

In the .mdp I have specified Protein and Protein2 as energygroups.

I have some ideas but I would like to know what would you guys recommend
I do to infer which of the two models is most likely to be correct. What
useful calculations should I look for? What energy terms (just Short
range ones?)

Att.

Diogo