[gmx-users] Comparing two Ptn-Ptn docking models

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 11 12:35:56 CET 2015

On 3/10/15 11:59 PM, Diogo Martins de Sá wrote:
> Thanks for the advice Justin!
>
> I'm looking in to it right now.
>
> My box has the following dimensions:
> 9.10300  12.10200  11.46200
>
> How would you define "continuous pull", is it pull in which the distance
> increases indefinitely but slow enough not to trespass the distance
> limits/conditions? I get the part where the periodic images can't

There's no real "limit," per se, but you need to decide on a suitably long
reaction coordinate to achieve separation of the proteins.

> interact and the "less than one half the length of the box" condition.
> But how do I know if my box and my system are apt for umbrella sampling?

Decide on the length of the reaction coordinate that will be sufficient to
separate your proteins, translate one subunit out that far (editconf or trjconv)
and build a box around it of suitable size.  That's the size you need for every
window (the system doesn't change between windows).

> will I be able to use mdrun -rerun with my current system?

No, umbrella sampling is a totally new set of simulations.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore