[gmx-users] Query- Ligand topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Mar 15 13:15:29 CET 2015

On 3/15/15 6:50 AM, Priya Das wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am submitting a ligand with 45 HETATM PDB file in PRODRG, but i get a
> result with 46 HETATM.
> The main error is in the -NH group, the structure generated by PRODRG shows
> four valence for Nitrogen.

Changing protonation states is covered in the PRODRG FAQ.

> Is there any other tool/option for generating the topology?

For GROMOS, try ATB.  At the very least, you need to be carefully scrutinizing
and re-optimizing the PRODRG charges and charge groups.  The output is generally
not very accurate.  Never trust a black box with something so crucial :)

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore