[gmx-users] KALP-15 in DPPC tutorial

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Mar 16 12:28:35 CET 2015

On 3/16/15 12:08 AM, BAOLIN HUANG wrote:
> Hi All, I am doing the GROMACS Tutorial of KALP-15 in DPPC. Now, I get stuck
> at "Note how many lipids were deleted and update the [ molecules ] directive
> of your topology accordingly. Run energy minimization. Then, scale down the
> lipids by a factor of 0.95 (assuming you have used default names, the result
> of the minimization is called "confout.gro"): perl inflategro.pl confout.gro
> 0.95 DPPC 0 system_shrink1.gro 5 area_shrink1.dat"
>
> The command line was gmx grompp -f minim.mdp -c system_inflated.gro -p
> topol.top -o em.tpr. And I got Fatal error: number of coordinates in
> coordinate file (system_inflated.gro, 6438) does not match topology
> (topol.top 888444) I tried to add DPPC 128 in the [ molecules ], however, I

You should never, at any point, have 888444 atoms in the system.  Likely you've
added water to the inflated system.  Don't.

> got Fatal error: No such moleculetype DPPC.
>
> How to update the [molecules] in topol.top? And how do I know the number of
> molecules?

You start with 128, InflateGRO prints out how many it removes...then use a text
editor.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629