[gmx-users] A jump in potential just after extension

Faezeh Pousaneh fpoosaneh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:50:30 CET 2015

Dear Justin,

I use gromacs/4.6.7. Below is my .mdp file. No that is not similar to my
case, I do not change any setting for the extension. (I should add that
despite strange jump in potential in g_energy, the trajectory goes in a
direction which I expect.)

************************************PRODUCTIOn************************************************
 integrator                = md
 dt                            = 0.002
 nsteps                    = 50000000
 nstxout                   = 10000           ; save coordinates every  ps
 nstvout                   = 10000           ; save velocities every ps
 nstlog                     = 10000           ; update log file every
 nstenergy               = 10000           ; save energies every
 nstxtcout                = 100000         ; Output frequency for xtc file
 xtc-precision          = 100000         ; precision for xtc file
 ns_type   = grid        ; search neighboring grid cells
 nstlist   = 5            ;  fs
 pbc           = xyz ; 3-D PBC
 rlist           = 1.2 ; short-range neighborlist cutoff (in nm)
 rcoulomb           = 1.2         ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
 rvdw             = 1.2 ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
 coulombtype             = PME         ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range
electrostatics
 pme_order                 = 4           ; cubic interpolation
 fourierspacing            = 0.16        ; grid spacing for FFT
 vdw-type                    = Cut-off
 Tcoupl                        = v-rescale   ; modified Berendsen thermostat
 tc-grps                     = LUT SOL         ; two coupling groups - more
accurate
 tau_t                           = 0.1   0.1      ; time constant, in ps
 ref_t                            = 380.   380.     ; reference
temperature, one for each group, in K
 ;tc-grps                       = system
 energygrps                 = LUT SOL
 Pcoupl                        = Parrinello-Rahman
 Pcoupltype                  = Isotropic
 tau_p                           = 1.0
 compressibility             = 4.5e-5
 ref_p                            = 1.0
 gen_vel                        = no
 gen_temp                    = 380.0
 gen_seed                    = 712349
 DispCorr                      = EnerPres    ; account for cut-off vdW
scheme
 constraints                  = all-bonds ; all bonds constrained (fixed
length)
 continuation      = yes         ; Restarting after NPT
 constraint-algorithm      = lincs       ; holonomic constraints
 lincs_iter                        = 1 ; accuracy of LINCS
 lincs_order                = 4 ; also related to accuracy

Best regards