[gmx-users] Validation suite for force fields for Proteins, RNA, DNA and Lipids?

James Kress jimkress_58 at kressworks.org
Fri Mar 20 21:44:32 CET 2015

Recently, I've been working with colleagues to develop a new force field for
biochemical/ biophysical application - specifically proteins, RNA, DNA and
Lipids. I've been seeking a testing/ validation suite for these type of
force fields with no success.

I recently noticed this publication:

"Force Field Benchmark of Organic Liquids: Density, Enthalpy of
Vaporization, Heat Capacities, Surface Tension, Isothermal Compressibility,
Volumetric Expansion Coefficient, and Dielectric Constant", by Carl Caleman,
Paul J. van Maaren, Minyan Hong, Jochen S. Hub, Luciano T. Costa, David van
der Spoel , J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2012, 8 (1), pp 61-74

Can anyone point me to a similar analysis of force fields for Proteins, RNA,
DNA and Lipids?

Thanks.

Jim

James Kress Ph.D., President

The KressWorks Foundation C

An IRS Approved 501 (c)(3) Charitable, Nonprofit Organization

"Improving Lives One Atom At A Time" TM

(248) 605-8770

Learn More and Donate At:

 <http://www.kressworks.org/> http://www.kressworks.org

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the