[gmx-users] Query- Ligand parametrization

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Mar 27 12:22:18 CET 2015

On 3/27/15 4:05 AM, Priya Das wrote:
> The following is the attached pose.str file.
>
> 1) Does param penalty or charge penalty matters?

Yes.

> 2) How do we know that the list does not accept attachments?

It's something I say weekly, if not more often.  It should also have been in the
welcome email when you subscribed.

> 3) I am following the tutorial for validation of penalties. As CHARMM is
> not free cannot download it. So using Accelry's Discovery Studio interface
> to perform QM-MM calculations (nstep= 500).

There is no QM/MM in the parametrization.  There are QM calculations for bonded
parameter scans, frequency calculations, and water interaction energies.  Any MM
or MD software that can do single-point energy evaluations and geometry
optimizations can handle the MM energy part.  CHARMM is just very easy to use in
this case.  You can certainly do the MM energy evaluations and optimizations in
GROMACS or whatever software you like, though it may be a bit laborious.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore