[gmx-users] OPLS/AA support for DNA

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Fri Mar 27 13:26:44 CET 2015

Granted, the previous parameter set I referenced, I found in under 2 minutes of searching, there was a paper in 2001 (see below) that discusses OPLS parameters for nucleic acids. The authors of that paper may have some better idea of where to find newer versions.

J. Pranata; S. G. Wierschke; W. L. Jorgensen; "OPLS potential functions for nucleotide bases. Relative association constants of hydrogen-bonded base pairs in chloroform", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 113 2810-2819 (1991).

OPLS-AA/L really should have DNA support, as OPLS is one of the primary force-fields used in the commercial MD packages, it just looks like you may need to shoot an email to Jorgensen for the details.

-Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics