[gmx-users] Distance of residue’s centre of mass to a surface (COM)

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Mar 27 21:21:17 CET 2015

On 3/27/15 4:14 PM, James Lord wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> Thanks,
> g_dist is calculating the centre of mass of two groups and -dist option
> print all atoms in group 2 closer than dist to
> the centre of mass of group 1, while what I am looking after is the
> distance of COM of residues to a surface not the centre of mass of the
> surface. Am I missing anything?

How are you defining the position of the surface?  g_dist prints time series of
all components (x,y,z) as well as the total distance, so it sounds to me like
this is exactly what you want, but maybe I'm missing something.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore