[gmx-users] Oleic acid.....topology problem...

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Mar 29 19:29:31 CEST 2015

On 3/28/15 11:33 PM, Kamalesh Roy wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using gromacs latest version in Ubuntu...
> I am trying to simulate oleic acid in a box with some protein.
> Have made the .itp from prodrg server... incorporate the same still not
> recognizing OLA residue.

PRODRG parameters always require manual refinement, and the old(er) version of
the GROMOS force field that it supports will probably have an inadequate
description of the alkyl chains.  Look into newer parameters, e.g. those derived
from 53A6.

> I have change the aminoacid.rtp also....

You shouldn't.

> Can anybody suggest me the procedure ......

You haven't really said what you've done, so it's pointless to guess where the
problem is.  You haven't even said if there's a specific error that you're
getting.  If you want free and efficient help, you need to make it easy to
provide it.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629