[gmx-users] Setting custom atoms in FF

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 04:10:14 CEST 2015

I am not sure if your answer was a resounding "yes".
I am talking about the label on the left in PDB.

Let us say I want to name my atoms "TEST1" and "TEST2" and set up my
PDB as

ATOM      1  TEST1   CNT A   1       xxx  yyy   zzz  1.00  0.00
ATOM      2  TEST2   CNT A   1       xxx  yyy   zzz  1.00  0.00

and then in atomname2type.a2t I put

TEST1   opls_996    0      12.011  3    C  0.142  C 0.142  C 0.142
TEST2   opls_1001   0.1    12.011  3    C  0.142  C 0.142  C 0.149

will the resulting topology contain the distinction despite the issue with bond
lengths? If not, what would be the correct syntax to do that?

I just want to define my atoms in a way that supplements (actually,
precedes) what x2top does when the atoms are not specifically labeled.
A tedious solution in my case, but definitely viable, if this works.

Thank you,

Alex

--
Best regards,