[gmx-users] fixed number of clusters from a MD simulation

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:05:26 CEST 2015

Hi Rebeca,

You'd need to use k-means/k-medians clustering for that, which is not in
gmx cluster. I'd suggest to perform PCA and collect the projections onto
the first ten or so eigenvectors to decrease the dimensionality. This data
matrix you can then process with, e.g., R to perform k-means clustering.

Cheers,

Tsjerk