[gmx-users] CHARMM36 Termini Topology Incomplete

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 4 23:28:39 CEST 2015

On 5/4/15 3:43 PM, João Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup a simulation of a peptide with neutral termini, using
> the CHARMM36 port from the MacKerell lab. While pdb2gmx works well, grompp
> fails with several erros about missing parameters, e.g.:
>
> ERROR 1 [file topol.top, line 1225]:
>    No default U-B types

> ERROR 4 [file topol.top, line 1689]:
>    No default Proper Dih. types
>
> All these are related to the termini, whether I use CT2 or COOH, or NH2.
> Could I copy the missing parameters from the old CHARMM27.ff files? Or
> should I contact the developers directly? The default charged termini work
> fine.
>
> Or should I add the ACE/NMA caps in f.e. Pymol?

In order to solve the issue, I need to know exactly what you're doing - exact
command and full pdb2gmx screen output, please.  Issues with missing parameters
for neutral termini should have been fixed well over a year ago; you are using
the latest ports, correct?  I released a new version last month.  If those files
are giving you issues, I need to figure out what's going on.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore