[gmx-users] CHARMM36 Termini Topology Incomplete

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 4 23:30:16 CEST 2015

On 5/4/15 4:09 PM, Jarrett Lee Wise wrote:
> I had similar problems when I was making polymers.  You have to input those
> parameters directly or delete those lines in the itp/topology file depending
> if they are important or not.  The correct way would be to do quantum

I don't know how one decides whether a parameter is "important" or not, but in
general it's very dangerous to simply make ad hoc deletions.  There should not
be missing terms, though it is entirely possible that a dihedral will have an
amplitude of zero (e.g. the normal nonbonded parameters result in a correct 1-D
energy scan), in which case the deletion is OK.  But this is rare.  Bonds and
angles should certainly not be deleted because of missing parameters.

-Justin

> calculations for the missing parameters, but I inserted similar ones for the
> missing ones e.g. CH2 parameter for a CH1 parameter.
>

> Jarrett Wise
>
> -----Original Message----- From:
> gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se
> [mailto:gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se] On Behalf Of João
> Rodrigues Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 1:44 PM To:
> gromacs.org_gmx-users at maillist.sys.kth.se Subject: [gmx-users] CHARMM36
> Termini Topology Incomplete
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup a simulation of a peptide with neutral termini, using
> the CHARMM36 port from the MacKerell lab. While pdb2gmx works well, grompp
> fails with several erros about missing parameters, e.g.:
>
> ERROR 1 [file topol.top, line 1225]: No default U-B types

> ERROR 4 [file topol.top, line 1689]: No default Proper Dih. types
>
> All these are related to the termini, whether I use CT2 or COOH, or NH2.
> Could I copy the missing parameters from the old CHARMM27.ff files? Or should
> I contact the developers directly? The default charged termini work fine.
>
> Or should I add the ACE/NMA caps in f.e. Pymol?
>
> Cheers,
>
> João -- Gromacs Users mailing list
>
> * Please search the archive at
> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!