[gmx-users] Gas phase simulation

gozde ergin gozdeeergin at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:23:05 CEST 2015

I am pulling one water molecule from gas phase center of mass of bulk water
which z position is 6 nm.
However in PMF figure 0 means the limit position which 6 nm in real. PMF
shows the distance between the center of mass and pulled molecule.
I put my water molecule (which is A in .mdp file)  5 nm far away from the
center of mass of water bulk. That means the pulled molecule correct z
position in 6+5 = 11 nm.
As you can see from density figures, bulk water position is between 4-7.5
nm, and organic layer position is 7-9.5 nm. Which means by pulling from
11nm to 6 nm I am passing from organic layer and reached the water bulk.

In mdp file:
A is one water molecule
B is the bulk water

Maybe I should play with pulling rate and force constant?