[gmx-users] on a MD run notice

Brett brettliu123 at 163.com
Wed May 6 17:16:34 CEST 2015

Dear All,

For a NVT equilibration MD, I got the following notice. Will you please advice me whether the notice just told me I have wasted my computation resource, or I need to redo my NVT equilibration.

I am looking forward to getting your reply.

Brett

verage load imbalance: 7.7 %
 Part of the total run time spent waiting due to load imbalance: 3.8 %
 Steps where the load balancing was limited by -rdd, -rcon and/or -dds: X 0 % Y 0 %
 Average PME mesh/force load: 0.228
 Part of the total run time spent waiting due to PP/PME imbalance: 9.3 %

NOTE: 9.3 % performance was lost because the PME ranks
      had less work to do than the PP ranks.
      You might want to decrease the number of PME ranks
      or decrease the cut-off and the grid spacing.