[gmx-users] rerun under non-bonded E. terms

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 12 13:59:56 CEST 2015

On 5/12/15 7:57 AM, Albert Solernou wrote:
> Thanks Justin,
> still I would not know how to go from a .edr file into a trajectory that has the
> forces of the atoms I am interested in.

You don't.  The .edr file is the energy output of a simulation.  If you have
your subtrajectory of interest, you'll get a new .edr file with the quantities
you want, if I understand your description.

-Justin

> Best,
> Albert
>

> On 05/12/2015 12:48 PM, Justin Lemkul wrote:
>>

>> On 5/12/15 7:46 AM, Albert Solernou wrote:
>>> Well, back to the beginning, then.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to do a re-run using only non-bonded energy terms? I'll explain a
>>> bit further. I have a trajectory, and want to get a (sub)trajectory that has
>>> only a sub-set of atoms and that accounts only for the non-bonded interactions
>>> within this sub-set of atoms. So far, I have the extracted temporary
>>> sub-trajectory that contains the solvent atoms as well as the residues I am
>>> interested in. Is there an easy way to do that? Or should I modify the source
>>> code, instead?
>>>

>> The nonbonded terms don't depend on the bonded terms; they are, by default,
>> saved in the .edr file.  If you want some group-wise decomposition (e.g.
>> interaction energy) then that's what energygrps are for.  There is no need to
>> modify code or hack the topology at all if this is what you're after.
>>
>> -Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629