[gmx-users] Hamiltonian replica exchange with solute tempering in 5.x version (bug?)

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Thu May 14 05:16:16 CEST 2015

I don't think it is a bug per se, more like something the developers didn't consider. The HREX fork of the plumed code (which only works right now for v. 4 of gromacs) does what you want (and it does it a lot faster if your heated group is large since the gromacs free energy code is inexplicable slow when decoupling large groups). I'll note that the users list for this plumed code does mention the same issue that you are experiencing, namely that gromacs itself thinks there is nothing different between the replicas and therefore fails -- which is probably the main reasons that this REST fork of plumed was created in the first place.

Chris.