[gmx-users] Sanjay (Reg: grompp error)

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 14 18:38:43 CEST 2015

On 5/14/15 2:25 AM, sanjay choubey wrote:
> hi, i am doing membrane simulation . While emedding protein using the command given below:
>
>                                            grompp -f empty.mdp -c prot_mem.nowater.gro -p topol.top -o test.tpr
>                                                                                     I  am getting the error:
> Fatal error:Atomtype CA not found
>
>                                                               i checked topology file as well as lipid.itp file CA is there.
>                                                                                                                             kindly suggest the solution.

Are we to assume that you're following the GROMOS96+Berger approach from my
tutorial?  If you are, lipid.itp should not be used (directly) and any reference
to CA (which is a GROMOS87 atom type and thus is not part of GROMOS96, hence the
error) should be removed.  If you're following my tutorial, follow it more
closely and you'll get a working force field.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore