[gmx-users] RDF

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 18 13:43:06 CEST 2015

On 5/18/15 2:55 AM, mah maz wrote:
> Hi Justin
> The fact is I want to calculate water density in the system. If I select
> group1: oxygen and group2: oxygen, g_rdf command gives me very large
> numbers. Is it the number of atoms that should be changed to g/cm3?
> Besides, what does it calculate, each O is a reference atom during
> calculation?

All of this is in the manual.  The value of the RDF is the relative probability
of finding a given particle as a function of distance.  If you just want
density, there's a separate tool for that, conveniently called "g_density."

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore