[gmx-users] Problem control output for checkpoint file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 19 15:40:08 CEST 2015

On 5/19/15 9:24 AM, Vy Phan wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users!
> I am a beginner. I am looking for the command line corresponding with
> nstcheckpoint (control the output of the checkpoint file) in the Gomacs
> 5.0.4 but I coudn't find. And when I check the log file, I also can not
> recognize what command line which controls cpt file.

Read the mdrun help information:

  -cpt   <real>   (15)       Checkpoint interval (minutes)

> The second question, when I run energy minimization I got only one frame, I
> try to reduce the frequency saving the coordinates but I still get the same
> result (it look the control output did not working ). I want to save more
> frame to see what happen in the energy minimization step . Can some one
> help me?

If EM finishes in one step, either (1) the structure was already minimized or
(2) EM failed.  The .log file will tell you happened.

> The third question, I want to generate only the xtc file (I do not want to
> generate the trr file). What command I need to use for Gromacs 5.0.4 ? (I
> know the command constxtcout when I search on google, but I can not find
> the information for it on gromacs manual 5.0.4)

nstxout-compressed is the current keyword.  Suppress the .trr by setting
nstxout, nstvout, and nstfout to zero.

Make sure you do some basic tutorial material; these elements are all covered by
most, if not all, of them.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629