[gmx-users] build nuance in gmx5 (avoiding "file INSTALL cannot find gmx")

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:24:45 CEST 2015

You can't install into the build tree, AFAIK that's not allowed!
Install into a clean target directory instead.

Also, you "mkdir source; mv * source" step is just weird. Why move the
source around? Instead you can simply create a build directory - this
can even be in the source tree just as the uiqck and dirty install
steps suggest:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_5.0#quick-and-dirty-installation

--
Szilárd