[gmx-users] About Tabulated Potentials

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 21 19:54:13 CEST 2015

On 5/21/15 8:36 AM, zhangzhengc wrote:
> Dear all, I want to add the Morse potential for nonbonded interactions
> between CH4 and CH4. I used three table files each contain seven columns to
> add the H to H, H to C, and C to C Morse form interactions. I set
> Coulombtype=user, vdwtype=user , and Dispcorr = no, and add energrps and
> energrps_table in the mdp file. However, when I did NVT simulations, I didnot
> get accurate pressure for my pure methane system. Actually the pressure is 20

I don't know much about tabulated potentials, but a question to get the ball
rolling:

How do you define "accurate" - from some previous run?  Without tabulated
potentials?  If the latter, it means your tables are wrong with respect to
whatever parameters gave the "right" behavior.

-Justin

> Mpa smaller. Could you tell what is wrong with my set or what I missed in
> adding tabulated potentials? I tested the using of tabulated potentials with
> LJ form potential, It works very well. Look forward to your reply, Sincerely
> yours Zhengcai,

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629