[gmx-users] About Tabulated Potentials

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 21 22:43:49 CEST 2015

On 5/21/15 3:46 PM, Zhengcai Zhang wrote:
> Dear Justin, Thank you for your reply. When I choose l-J form potential for
> the non-bonded interactions between CH4 and CH4 using the parameters from
> another paper, I can get system pressure (25.5Mpa) in accord with
> experimental value at same conditions. However, when I used tabulated
> potentials to add the morse form potentials, I got the pressure 5Mpa. I am
> confusing whether the tabulated potential works with the morse form
> potential.

The tabulated potential does whatever you tell it; that's why it's there.  I
don't know anything about Morse potentials for nonbonded interactions; usually
that's a bonded representation, so there's not much I can offer in the way of help.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore