[gmx-users] Pull code

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 22 22:23:01 CEST 2015

On 5/22/15 7:00 AM, Ming Tang wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> I want to simulate my triple helix using SMD, Can I use umbrella + distance?

Shrug.  Depends on what you're doing and trying to observe.

> I saw many people doing SMD simulation by fixing one end and pull another end
> in their journal. Besides, my triple helix deviates a bit from Z axis, but I
> do not know the angle. I checked both dim for distance and pull-vec for
> direction, and found both of them needs pull direction. If I set dim = N N Y,
> will the force-deformation be reliable?

Align with x using editconf -princ, then rotate to your heart's desire with
editconf -rotate to align with whatever axis you want.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore