[gmx-users] g_rdf normalization (-xy option)..

Alberto Sergio Garay sgaray at fbcb.unl.edu.ar
Wed May 27 21:57:51 CEST 2015

Hi all

I'm using g_rdf tool in my system with the option -xy, in order to
calculate a cylindrical distribution function. I read the manual and
also the help of the tool but I can't find anything about the
normalization of this particular result. Could anyone tell me how rdf
tool manages the normalization with the option (-xy). I have a long
fiber of synthetic polymer, oriented along z direction, and I want to
calculate the cylindrical distrib. function from the center of it
(backbone). The rdf (cylindrical) shows some peaks which decay to zero
at long distances, so I don't understand how the normalization is done.

Thank youn in advance

--
Dr. Sergio Garay
Facultad de Bioquimica y Cs. Biológicas