[gmx-users] Error DSSP Gromacs 5.0.4

Stefania Evoli stefania.evoli at kaust.edu.sa
Wed Nov 4 14:29:25 CET 2015

I¹m in the directory Œtest¹ that allows me to write.

evolis at kw12572:~/NMDA_Llactate$ ls -lht
total 8.5G
drwxrwxr-x 2 evolis evolis 4.0K Nov  4 16:13 test

However, after typing the do_dssp_mpi_d command, the files that are
created by Gromacs are empty and I get the same fatal error

evolis at kw12572:~/NMDA_Llactate/test$ ls -ltr
total 13476
-rw-rw-r-- 1 evolis evolis 8905116 Nov  4 16:12 0-50ns.xtc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 evolis evolis 3589080 Nov  4 16:13 md.tpr
-rw-rw-r-- 1 evolis evolis 1298388 Nov  4 16:13 index.ndx
-rw--w---- 1 evolis evolis       0 Nov  4 16:13 ddI8Uu7p
-rw------- 1 evolis evolis       0 Nov  4 16:15 ddRoi6XU
-rw------- 1 evolis evolis       0 Nov  4 16:22 ddkcilMK

I tried to change umask to 0000 but it doesn¹t solve the problem. Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Stefania

‹Dr. Stefania Evoli
Post-Doctoral Fellow
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Catalysis center - Bldg. 3, 4th floor, 4231­WS18
Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
stefania.evoli at kaust.edu.sa

On 11/4/15, 4:13 PM, "gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se on
behalf of João Henriques"
joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Probably has nothing to do with dssp and/or gromacs. Sounds like you just
>don't have permission to read and/or operate on the file. Have you checked
>the permissions of your work directory and similar stuff?
>
>Cheers,
>
>/J
>--
>
>* Please search the archive at
>http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before
>posting!
>
>* Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists
>
>* For (un)subscribe requests visit
>https://maillist.sys.kth.se/mailman/listinfo/gromacs.org_gmx-users or
>send a mail to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.

This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.