[gmx-users] DPPC hlothane Residue DPP not found in residue topology database

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 9 19:14:06 CET 2015

On 11/9/15 1:11 PM, Poncho Arvayo Zatarain wrote:

> Hello: Concerning about my last question of DPPC membrane and halothane simulation and the GROMOS 53a6. When i used pdb2gmx the following error appears: Residue DPP not found in residue topology database. Then, i googled to Gromacs webpage and i found XXX'_not_found_in_residue_topology_database. So, after that and because a suggestion that probably GROMOS53a6 is not the best stock for simulate membranes, i tried every option of forcefield that GROMACS presented to me: Amber93 protein Amber94 nucleic, Amber94 forcefield, Amber96 protein nucleic Amber94, Amber99 protein nucleic Amber94, Amber99SB Protein, nucleic Amber 94, AmberGS forcefield, CHARMM27 all-atom forcefield, Gromos96 43a1, 43a2, 45a3, 53a5, 53a6, 54a7 and OPLS-AA/L and the same error appears in every orcefield: Residue DPP not found in residue topology database. What can i do? Because i simulated an Apoferritin-halothane and DPPC membrane with water and used GROMOS5a6 and everything was fine, but not  this time.

Lipid residue names are 4 characters in most (all) force fields.  So your
problem is very self-explanatory: it's wrong and needs to be changed to match
the force field (whichever one you choose).

$ grep "DPP" *.ff/*.rtp
charmm36.ff/merged.rtp:[ DPPA ]
charmm36.ff/merged.rtp:[ DPPC ]
charmm36.ff/merged.rtp:[ DPPE ]
charmm36.ff/merged.rtp:[ DPPG ]
charmm36.ff/merged.rtp:[ DPPS ]
gromos43a1.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos43a2.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos45a3.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos53a5.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos53a5.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ DPPC ]
gromos53a6.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos53a6.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ DPPC ]
gromos53a6_lipid.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos53a6_lipid.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ DPPC ]
gromos54a7.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ NDPP ]
gromos54a7.ff/aminoacids.rtp:[ DPPC ]

Note that none of them say "DPP."

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences