[gmx-users] electric field

Maryam Kowsar maryam.kowsar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 20:28:36 CET 2015

Dear users,

I applied electric fields of different magnitudes (less than 1 v/nm since
higher amounts are avoided) in my system. I have some charged water
molecules and I expected to see very different results when the magnitude
is changed, but haven't got that much difference. How can I be sure that
electric fields worked?
I found the following link that it changed the code of electric field
according to the shape of the system:
 http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Programming_Guide/Patching_mdrun
Can the current implemented code in gromacs be applied for all systems or
should I change it for different systems?

Thanks!