[gmx-users] convert amber files to gromacs

mohammad r mohammad.r0325 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 12:20:20 CET 2015

Hi everybody,

I want to convert the topology and coordinate files fromamber to gromacs format. I used acpype bu it didn’t work properly (actually mysystem is consisted of some lipids in a water-protein system but when I convertthe files via acpype, the backbone is consisted of a mass solvated in water,indeed in the converted topology file in the molecule types section the proteinand lipids assumed to be one mass and two molecule types exist: the water andthat mass), also I downloaded the “ambconv.tgz” from gromacs website but I don’tknow how to work with that. Can you please help me how to conver my files?

Thank you, Mohammad.