[gmx-users] Virtual sites error

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at chem.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 15:24:58 CEST 2015

If memory serves me right, the atom type for the carbon in the thymine ring lacks default constraint lengths to the dummy masses. That combination of atom types are not used for aminoacids. You will need to calculate what constraint lengths yield the correct geometry for the CH3-group, which is quite doable. It is sometimes pointed out however, here and elsewhere, that no vsite parameters have been rigorously tested for nucleic acids, only for proteins (to my knowledge).

Kind regards,
Erik