[gmx-users] Too many LINCS warning

Anahita Khammari anahita.khammari at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 12:33:52 CEST 2015

Dear gromacs users,
I am doing md simulation of protein-ligand complex, using gromacs 5.0.4.
I did energy minimization and nvt and npt equilibration steps, without any problems.(I checked trajectory files related to the above steps and controling parameterssuch as potential energy, T, P and Density).
Now, in md step (5000000 step), after about 300000 steps, mdrun stoped. In this case,I encountered with following error in md.log file:
Fatal error:Too many LINCS warnings (1000)If you know what you are doing you can adjust the lincs warning threshold in your mdp fileor set the environment variable GMX_MAXCONSTRWARN to -1,but normally it is better to fix the problem
What is the resaon of this issue? How to resolve this problem?
Where and how to set the environment variable GMX_MAXCONSTRWARN to -1?
When I repeated gmx mdrun, three times. Each time, the number of LINCS warning was changed. Why?
In addition, some pdb files, related to some frames, were created.
Please find one of these pdb files in the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sga2u2hvfkig03x/step502017b_n7.pdb?dl=0
Unfortunately, structure of my system in these pdb files is unusual and different from thatof files related to nvt or npt steps.
What is the resaon of this issue? How to resolve this problem?
Any help will highly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------
Anahita KhammariPhD student of BiophysicsTarbiat Modares UniversityDepartment of BiophysicsTehran, IRAN
anahita.khammari at modares.ac.ira.khammari@ut.ac.ir