[gmx-users] protein topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Oct 27 14:02:45 CET 2015

On 10/27/15 8:44 AM, Nikhil wrote:
> Thanks for your replay
> here is the problem
> my initial protein contain 8300 atoms with hydrogen,i deleted hydrogen
> then it comes around 4100 atoms,after pdb2gmx it become 5300 but doubt is
> what about remaining 3000 atoms? or hydrogens?
> if i take with the 5300 atoms and follow the simulation it will be fine?
> or is there anything im missing out here?

You should read a bit about united-atom force fields, and 43a1 specifically,
before using it for a simulation.  Understanding the force field should be
prerequisite before ever trying to do a simulation with one.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore