[gmx-users] Remove PDB and center the protein.

Florent Hédin work at fhedin.com
Tue Aug 23 09:39:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

I did something similar last month for a protein tetramer solvated using
a truncated dodecahedron ;) Hope the following will help

gmx trjconv -s inp.tpr -f inp.xtc -o clust.xtc -center -pbc clust

gmx trjconv -s inp.tpr -f clust.xtc -o ok.xtc -center -pbc mol -ur compact

As simulating a tetramer the key in my case was to use clust in the
first step for pbc, otherwise I was also not able of properly centring
the whole protein system.

I don't know if it is useful to use center twice by hte way ; may be
gromacs experts will know more.

Cheers,

Florent

--