[gmx-users] Remove PDB and center the protein.

Marlon Sidore marlon.sidore at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:24:59 CEST 2016

Usually, what works most of the time (haven't failed yet with this) is
first removing the PBC:

gmx trjconv -s inp.tpr -f inp.xtc -o nopbc.xtc -pbc nojump

And then centering:

gmx trjconv -s inp.tpr -f nopbc.xtc -o nopbc_center.xtc -center

If you later want the PBC back with the centered system, put everything
back in the box:

gmx trjconv -s inp.tpr -f nopbc_center.xtc -o center.xtc -pbc mol

If you also later want to fit the rotations of your centered thing, you'll
want to do it after this too.

Marlon Sidore

PhD Student
Laboratoire d'Ingénierie des Systèmes Macromoléculaire (LISM)
CNRS - UMR7255
31, Chemin Joseph Aiguier
13402 cedex 20 Marseille
France