[gmx-users] Segmentation fault

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 29 15:00:44 CEST 2016

Please make sure to use a proper subject line and do not reply to the entire digest.

On 8/29/16 6:16 AM, Seera Suryanarayana wrote:
> Sub: Segmentation fault
>
> Dear Justin and Vivek,
>
> I came to know what was my fault. I added the refcoordscale = com  in .mdp
> file and it going fine. I have through the many references for
> refcoordscale, despite of some information I am not getting what exactly it
> is?  Kindly give me some hit.

The pressure coupling scaling matrix adjusts atomic positions in response to
variations in pressure.  If you use a fixed reference as the origin of the
position restraints, you will get a systematic drift in that position with
respect to the coordinates propagated during dynamics.  So with the
refcoord_scaling option, the reference coordinates (e.g. those at t=0, usually)
have the same scaling matrix applied to them so that you don't get spurious
contributions that might distort the structure.  The "com" option scales
relative to the center-of-mass of the restrained group(s), whereas "all" scales
every atom individually.  I find "com" to generally be the best option.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore