[gmx-users] gmx insert-molecules not adding the required number of molecules

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:43:09 CET 2016

Hi,

Adding a big thing, then lots of small things randomly and then lots of
medium sized things randomly isn't going to work very well to give you
something approximately close-packed at the end. You're just not likely to
end up with exactly enough holes suitable for things of medium size. So
work from biggest to smallest. You may find you want to play with the radii
of urea atoms to get the right number to insert (into holes nominally too
small for them), and then very gentle equilibration to start off with.

Mark